Monday, April 09, 2007

His fiance?

To me, The Star Online has been my source of news from Malaysia. Being the country's premier newspaper, I find it unacceptable to have grammar errors in news reports. This is so because when I was in secondary school, my teacher taught me that newspaper reports are all grammatically correct.

To The Star editors: please proof-read your articles before they are published, even the ones online. The younger generation might learn the wrong thing in the end.
Ignore the fact that this is not the last time we are going to see such reports in the newspaper.

His fiance? The last time I check, his refers to a man, and fiance means "A man who is engaged to be married". Ok, so it was more of a vocabulary error, still quite serious right? By the looks of the report, if I were ignorant, I would take it that this is the first time Islam allowed same-sex marriage.

Weird I would say.

Reference:
  1. Storekeeper jailed for raping fiance's close friend, The Star, 9 April 2007.
  2. Fiance, Wikipedia.

No comments: