Friday, March 16, 2007

Explanation, Plead

After bashing up female bloggers. Tengku Adnan tried to respond and suppress all those anger bloggers have against him, saying he was only refering to the Indonesian blogger. Video here.

Then the bloggers retaliate, once again. I think we should stop this people, if he doesn't get it the first time, he won't get it no matter how many times you guys try.

I say "ENOUGH OF THIS!!! We really have much more important things to be concern about here."

----------------------------------------------------

On more important things, Ong Ka Ting had this to say about scholarship applicants.
Students from well-to-do families have been advised to refrain from applying for
public scholarships so that poorer ones are not deprived of the chance to study
abroad. [Source: The Star]

I totally agree with this. Please people, we have students living on RM1 a day, and they're making more effort to gain knowledge than a lot more people I know who takes knowledge for granted.

I say we should have centres for the EXTREMELY motivatived. This means that this school should accept students who showed an EXTREME passion towards a certain area, for example, programming, engineering, science subjects etc. My roommate recently told me of a certain junior of his who shows "Passion" for engineering. How passionate you ask? I'll leave this for some later discussion.

My point here is that these students don't necessarily need to show too much talent, or potential. And who are we to judge people's potential anyway? What we want is students who are keen to learn, and by all means we should provide them with the environment fitting to their cause. Still with me here?

Let me end this post with some questions:
  1. Are you a scholarship recipient?
  2. Do you know any scholarship recipient who was given the scholarship below merit but just because he/she has the necessary "connections"?
  3. Do you think racism has anything to do with this?

References:
  1. Blog? or War?, Boss Lepton.
  2. Adnan: I was only referring to Indon journalist, March 16 2007, The Star.
  3. Tengku Adnan is cornered on the blogger issue, 15 March 2007, Malaysiakini.
  4. Tengku Adnan - "I love women" (choke), March 16 2007, Elizabeth Wong.
  5. Give way to the poor, March 16 2007, The Star.
  6. Need motivation? Think you're very unlucky?, Boss Lepton.

No comments: