Monday, March 16, 2009

Project 365: Day 23 Snow snow snow patrol and bad news

Got my haircut today and that sparked the first bad news of the day. For some reason the hair salon I go to usually in chinatown isn't making (enough?) money so the business owner is selling the business back to the shop owner but will remain as manager. They will increase the price from £15 to £19 starting april. Now I don't know about you but that's a whopping 35% increase in my books and I guess I'll have to look for new places now. Shame, I quite like that place.

Then I went for lunch with deno, raymond and jonathan at royal china on baker street. We were patiently waiting for more than 40 minutes when I got a phone call from Jo. Then came the worst news of the day, or even the year. Uncle kuat who is battling with cancer for some months now passed away sunday night in penang. I'm not too devastated since news so far have been bleak, but I was planning to go back hopefully in april to see him. Time is cruel. Making some last minute plans to go back now.

At night, we went to snow patrol's concert in o2. The show was much much better than I expected but most of the time I'm thinking more about my plan to fly back tomorrow. And I got my ticket right after the show. Will be flying back tomorrow night and coming back here the following monday arriving on tuesday. So hopefully will be able to come in for Metro's full year results and conference call.

This is a sad day.


p.s. might not be updating blog too often while I'm back in malaysia but will try.


Best regards,
Jing Qi Quah

1 comment:

JoShIbOsHi said...

Wah...went snow patrol concert!!