Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Project 365: Day 44 Kon loh curry mee

I woke up this morning and asked yours dearly what she wants to have for breakfast brunch. And she said "kon loh curry mee". So I went downstairs, took out the 2 chicken breast, sliced them thinly into strips, took out a packet of A1 curry paste and whacked them all together. I then peeled a potato and 2 carrots, sliced them into cubes and tossed them along with the chicken strips into a pot. I shallow fried all the ingredients for 2 minutes and poured in some water before letting it simmer for 10 minutes.

In the meantime, I boiled 2 rolls of "har zi mee" (prawn roe noodle)and some kai lan in a pot of slightly salted boiling water. I also placed 4 strips of thin bacon on an oiled frying pan, frying them crispy.

To serve, I placed the bacons and kai lan on one side of the plate and the noodles in the middle mixed with a little soya sauce. I added milk into the curry just before pouring it over the noodles.

And this, my friends, is my version of kon loh curry mee, in 30 minutes. How do you like it? Yours dearly had 2 servings that morning......



Best regards,
Jing Qi Quah

No comments: