Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Project 365: Day 43 Probably the best dark chocolate I've ever tasted

....... And it's Willie's delectable cacao, costing me £3.49 per box of 2 pieces from Selfridges (I later found out it cost £3 for the same thing in waitrose). It's kinda expensive but well worth the money imho.

I have to admit that I hunted for these chocolates because of the tv shows willie has been doing. The first was willie's wonky chocolate factory and the second was...... can't remember the name of the show. The most obvious thing one could see from the shows were his passion to make good old highest quality eating chocolate, unlike the sugary craps we get off supermarket shelves nowadays. True to his words, the chocolates were absolutely brilliant.

There are two choices here: Peruvian 70% cacao and Venezuelan 72% cacao. Both come in a box of 2 delectable squares, with the caption "one for now, one for then". Both contains fruity notes, although I felt the peruvian one was a little more sourish than the venezuelan. And although I prefer the venezuelan ever more so slightly to the peruvian, both are equally addictive.

Ohh what delightful flavours when you place a small piece on your tongue. It's not laced with sugar, yet it sweetens the deepest depth of your heart and mind. Now that's what I call the perfect (dark) chocolate.




Best regards,
Jing Qi Quah

No comments: